“I am disappointed with the results of #COP25. The international community lost an important opportunity to show increased ambition on mitigation, adaptation & finance to tackle the climate crisis. But we must not give up, and I will not give up.”
– Tweet by @antonioguterres on Sunday, Dec 15, 2019
Dear Mr. Guterres,
We share your disappointment on the #COP25 fiasco.
Some of us, however, could see this coming as this Open Letter to you 5 months back might suggest. It is time to leave behind the undemocratic and unwieldy United Nations bullied by rogue and recalcitrant nation-states and move on towards a direct representation of people and communities through a proposed GAIA as Global Assembly of Indigenous and Autonomous communities in forests, villages, and cities.
The utter failure of #COP25 hardly comes as a surprise as I have been writing about for years now. To recap, here is it in a 5-pointer nutshell.
1. Local is the Future. We need a new model of Global Governance to create a global mandate for the LACE model for Localised Abundance and Circular Economies.
2. For this, I propose GAIA – Earth Parliament as the Global Assembly of Indigenous and Autonomous communities in forests, villages, and cities. People and communities will now find a direct representation in the new global body with a new constitution based on the LACE model and the consensus on United Nations Declaration for Rights of Indigenous Peoples passed nearly unanimously in 2007.
3. This will replace the current system of nation-states and the United Nations which even after 75 years is a most undemocratic setup held ransom by the Big Bully – the rogue entity called the United States. As the headline suggests, COP25 failure once again reinforces this fact.
4. Equally important this new arrangement of Localised Governance in every forest, village and city communities around the world will also cut out the “bulge in the middle” by disintermediating the nation-states and their provinces.
5. In the new Indigenous World Order, every community will fro Day 1, aim for Zero Carbon Emissions and transition to be a Carbon Sink within next 3-5 years with a well-conceived reward and penalties mechanism in place to expedite this process and create a healthy competition and cooperation as necessary.
As a key member of several international groups on climate and ecological activism – “Degrowth Revolution” moderated as a social media group by Environment lawyer Kirk Hall, Extinction Rebellion, Greta Thunberg’s Global Strike for Climate #FFF and recently invited by Jamie Margolin ‘s Zero Hour besides active participation at several national and international forums including notably at Jessica Seddon ‘s World Resources Institute, I shall once again appeal to you to either shake things up at UN and lead it out of the murky shadows of pseudo and slimeball colonialism or to declare it null and void and join us at GAIA as a mentor, philosopher, and guide.
Chief Mentor & Innovation Coach – GAIA Innovation Lab